RETREAT GUIDELINES & PROTOCOLS
Following, you will find a short list of points that will help you navigate your way to the Peace Palace, and also during the Retreat.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email us.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Peace Palace.
With warmest regards,
Peace Palace Team
PS: Omitted from the guidelines is the very important advice to bring with you a pair of slippers or indoor shoes for use inside the Peace Palace.
COVID PRECAUTIONS For our now fourth retreat since the start of the COVID pandemic, there still need to be certain special considerations. These have been kept as simple as possible, with a view to protecting Retreat Participants, Peace Palace staff, and Course Leaders alike but without compromising the experience of the Retreat.
- Both vaccinated and unvaccinated may participate in the Retreat.
- Retreat Participants are asked to take a Covid Lateral Flow Test within 48 hours before arriving for the Retreat and provide evidence of this upon arrival.
- Anyone with a cough, sneezing, or symptoms of a cold or flu, or with Covid-19 symptoms,
should not join the Retreat.
- After arrival, Retreat Participants will be asked to maintain a “Retreat Bubble”. We would strongly recommend you do not visit local shops and, when out walking, to please maintain the Retreat Bubble.
- While entering the Peace Palace, and regularly during your stay, hands should be sanitised with the standing sanitisers provided in the Reception Area and at other key places.
- Wearing of masks will not be required in the Peace Palace although participants may wear them if they wish.
- Full social distancing will not be practical inside the Peace Palace. However, please always respect everyone else’s space.
- When entering or leaving the Peace Palace, please always touch in and out using your personal Key Card that will be issued to you on arrival. Please do not enter or exit using another’s card. Please do not tailgate.
- Registration and welcome from 3.00 – 4.30 pm on day of arrival. (If, for any reason, you need to arrive outside these times, please let us know on firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- After Check-In, you may take some tea in the Dining Room, sit comfortably and read in the Veda Room, or rest in your rooms.
- Group Meditation will be at 6pm (location to be announced on arrival).
- Group Flying will be at 6pm in the Large Programme Room to the North of the Peace Palace Ground Floor.
- Dinner will be at 7pm in the Dining Room to the South of the Ground Floor.
- Retreat Orientation will be at 8 pm in the central Brahmasthan Hall on the Ground Floor.
DEPARTURE Departure will be after lunch on Sunday 5th. Please do not arrange to leave earlier since the Sunday morning meeting is an integral part of the Retreat and, amongst other things, will contain important post-Retreat information and instructions.
DINING Meals are organic vegetarian with varied set menus for lunch and dinner. Breakfast is on a self-service basis. Drinking water is provided.
DOs & DON’Ts In order to maintain a quiet relaxing environment, we ask that you kindly keep noise in rooms and corridors to a minimum. Smoking, alcohol, candles, and incense are not permitted. As the Peace Palace ethos is strictly vegetarian, non-vegetarian items must not be brought onto on the premises. Ayurvedic oil massage in the bedrooms or bathrooms is not permitted. We reserve the right to ask course or retreat participants to leave if their behaviour is deemed unacceptable.
ILLNESS Should you by chance fall ill, or discover you are ill, during your stay and require special assistance, reasonable additional charges will be levied based on the costs involved. Should your illness be severe and/or possibly infectious, you will need to return home. We reserve the right to ask you to do so if we feel it is appropriate.
DISABLED ACCESS There are facilities for the disabled, including access ramps and a lift.
DAMAGES All reasonable care should be taken with fixtures and fittings in the Peace Palace. Any unreasonable damage must be paid for.
TRAVEL BY TRAIN Just over one and a half hours from London Liverpool Street station. Take the Norwich train and alight at Ipswich. At Ipswich, change onto the Lowestoft line for Melton.
TAXI FROM MELTON It is important to book a taxi in advance since taxis from Melton are usually based in nearby Woodbridge. Please ask the taxi driver to take you to the Peace Palace in Rendlesham. Please be sure to have enough cash in Pounds Sterling for your taxi. We can recommend Base Cars on 01394 420716 and M&R Cars on 01394 386661 but there are also others.
TRAVEL BY CAR Please enter IP12 2GX in your SATNAV, Apple Maps, or Google Maps.
CAR PARKING Please use the designated car parking spaces behind the Peace Palace. Please be aware that the kerbs in the parking area are high.
Please note: While the Peace Palace will do everything reasonably possible to protect the health and safety of all, in the country as it is today, any such residential Retreat inevitably entails a certain degree of risk. Retreat participants should, therefore, understand that they participate in the Retreat at their own risk and of their own volition.