RETREAT GUIDELINES & PROTOCOLS
Following, you will find a short list of points that will help you navigate your way to the Peace Palace, and also during the Retreat.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email us.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Peace Palace.
With warmest regards,
Peace Palace Team
COVID We are pleased to announce that, in light of the current Covid situation, all Covid-specific restrictions related to the Peace Palace have been lifted. Nevertheless, anyone with a cough, sneezing, or symptoms of a cold or flu, or with Covid-19 symptoms, should not join the Retreat/Course.
- Registration and Welcome are from 3.00 – 4.30 pm on the day of arrival. (If, for any reason, you need to arrive outside these times, please let us know on firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- After Check-In, you may take some tea in the Dining Room, sit comfortably and read in the Veda Room, or rest in your rooms.
- Group Meditation on the first evening will be at 6pm (location to be announced on arrival).
- Group TM-Sidhi Flying on the first evening will be at 6pm in the Programme Room to the North of the Peace Palace Ground Floor.
- Dinner will be at 7pm in the Dining Room to the South of the Ground Floor.
- Retreat/Course Orientation will be at 8 pm in the central Brahmasthan Hall on the Ground Floor. During the Orientation Meeting, your daily schedule for the Retreat/Course will be explained.
Departure will be after lunch on the last day of your Retreat/Course, unless otherwise announced. Lunch starts at 12.30pm. Please do not arrange to leave earlier since the last morning’s meeting is an integral part of the Retreat/Course and, amongst other things, will contain important post-Retreat/Course information and instructions.
DURING YOUR STAY
- When entering or leaving the Peace Palace, please always touch in and out using your personal Key Card that will be issued to you on arrival. Please do not enter or exit using another’s card. Please do not tailgate.
- Dress Code is relaxed/smart casual, and with suitable comfortable clothes for some simple Yoga postures and for meditation.
- Please bring with you a pair of slippers or indoor shoes for use inside the Peace Palace. Outside shoes are to be left in the shoe area to the right of Reception.
- In order to maintain a quiet relaxing environment, we ask that you kindly keep noise in rooms and corridors to a minimum.
- Smoking, alcohol, candles, and incense are not permitted.
- As the Peace Palace ethos is strictly vegetarian, non-vegetarian items must not be brought onto on the premises.
- Ayurvedic oil massage in the bedrooms or bathrooms is not permitted.
- We reserve the right to ask course or retreat participants to leave if their behaviour is deemed unacceptable.
DINING Meals are organic vegetarian with varied set menus for lunch and dinner. Breakfast is on a self-service basis. Drinking water is provided.
ILLNESS If during your stay, you should by chance fall ill, or discover you are ill, and require special assistance, reasonable additional charges will be levied based on the costs involved. Should your illness be severe and/or possibly infectious, you will need to return home. We reserve the right to ask you to do so, if we feel it is appropriate.
DISABLED ACCESS There are facilities for the disabled, including access ramps and a lift.
DAMAGES All reasonable care should be taken with fixtures and fittings in the Peace Palace. Any unreasonable damage must be paid for.
TRAVEL BY TRAIN Just over one and a half hours from London Liverpool Street station. Take the Norwich train and alight at Ipswich. At Ipswich, change onto the Lowestoft line for Melton.
TAXI FROM MELTON It is important to book a taxi in advance since taxis from Melton are usually based in nearby Woodbridge. Furthermore, your arrival times at Melton can sometimes coincide with the School Run, at which times taxis tend to be quite fully booked. Please ask the taxi driver to take you to the Peace Palace in Rendlesham. Please be sure to have enough cash in Pounds Sterling for your taxi. We can recommend M&R Cars on 01394 386661, CarsSmart on 01394 461 461, and Base Cars on 01394 420716, but there are also others. Please note that the Peace Palace does not have the ability to collect people from Melton.
TRAVEL BY CAR Please enter IP12 2GX in your SATNAV, Apple Maps, or Google Maps.
CAR PARKING Please use the designated car parking spaces behind the Peace Palace. Please be aware that the kerbs in the parking area are somewhat high. There are a couple of restricted spaces at the front of the Peace Palace that may be used to unloading or pick-up only please.
Please note: While the Peace Palace will do everything reasonably possible to protect the health and safety of all, in the country as it is today, any such residential Retreat/Course inevitably entails a certain degree of risk. Retreat/Course participants should, therefore, understand that they participate in the Retreat/Course at their own risk and of their own volition.